Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Join me in my campaign "Climate Project Connectors"


Hi friends,

I have recently started my campaign “Climate Project Connectors” in Pakistan to raise awareness, sensitize stakeholders and strengthen voices through making connectors for advocacy and finding solutions to dangerous climate change. You might be knowing that CO2 and other greenhouse gases emitted as a result of huge deforestation, increasing industrial and transportation pollution, use of fossil fuel and other human activities are creating global warming that lead to natural disasters every years. It is impacting human lives and their livelihoods through flooding, landslides, droughts, reduced water sources and crops production, cyclone, fire, increasing sea level etc.

In my campaign “Climate Project Connectors” I will be working with local communities, government authorities/institutes, media, social workers/NGOs, friends and colleagues on this serious issue. I will be delivering presentations on Climate Change to different stakeholders and talking to media for broader awareness raising and connecting voices to combat the global climate crisis.

I represented Pakistan in Asia-Pacific Summit on Climate Change in Melbourne last month July 2009, organized by the Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) and The Climate Project (TCP). Now being the official presenter of Al Gore’ global climate change campaign, I have started my efforts in Pakistan. I strongly believe that by connecting each other, we can really make a difference. So let’s join my campaign, let’s connect and get ready act now.

Asif Iqbal | Program Officer | World Vision Pakistan | www.worldvision.com |
Mobile: +92 331 9294439 & +92 344 588 8820 |
Office: +92 997 206235 |
E-mail: asif_iqbal@wvi.org & asifoghi@yahoo.com | Skype: asifiqbal123 |

No comments:

Post a Comment