Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do you hear me?

I was very safe and secure, I was with my family and I was able to feed my child. I had my own home where I used to wait for my child to come back from school and we eat together.

But now everything is changed. I don’t know why…

I am not safe because flood has taken my home. My child was sleeping very calm but now the heat of sun is not allowing him to sleep. I am hungry, I don’t feel it because my child is hungry. I am helpless. I don’t know why…

I was happy with my little family and I was not afraid of strangers. But now I am scare, I am exposed, I have no privacy. I have problems but whom to talk, whom to share. Why this happened to me. I don’t know why…

My husband was earning. He had a small land. We loved our crops, we loved our seeds. But now we have no crop, we have no seeds. Our land is under water, our paths are underwater. I don’t know why…

I eat with my family, together or after. I was very happy. Now I stand in line, now I wait in line. I don’t know why…

My village was beautiful. My land was green. Some time I planted a fruit tree, some time a vegetable. Now the flood has taken its beauty and ruined the plants. Water is life then why it became harsh. I don’t know why…

I loved the nature and I planted flowers, I was a friend to motherland. Then why the nature got too angry upon me and my family? I don’t know why…

I am a woman, a daughter, a mother, a sister.

I am also a human like you…

I have my own dignity, I have my rights and I have my life…

But where I go now, where I feed my child and where I protect myself. The land is hot, the tent is warm. I have lots of question but I have no answers, I don’t know why…

Do you hear me?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Few silent words in the hearts of thousands of women displaced by flooding in Pakistan…

No comments:

Post a Comment